Commonwealth Scholarship offers a fully funded split program for Ph.D. Students. Students who are enrolled in Ph.D. programs in Pakistani universities are eligible for the scholarship to study for 12 months at UK Universities. It is a Commonwealth split-site Ph.D. scholarship program provided through the UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO).
The application should be directly sent directly to Commonwealth Scholarship Commission CSC. The deadline to submit an application for a Split Site Ph.D. scholarship is March 02, 2023. The interested scholars must apply directly to the UK University which has a part-funding contract with CSC.
A list of the universities that are affiliated with Commonwealth Scholarships is available at UK universities that have part-funding agreements on the CSC website. The application must be submitted in person to CSC through the online application system of the CSC. The CSC cannot accept applications not made through the CSC’s online application system. Applications are now open until March 2 by 16:30 (GMT).
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship 2023-2024 To Study In UK Apply Online
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2023
- An applicant has to be a commonwealth nation citizen.
- The applicant could be a British-protected individual.
- A refugee applicant with status in a qualifying Commonwealth country may also apply.
- When the candidate is a permanent resident of a commonwealth state the applicant can apply.
- The applicant must have a Ph.D. at any institution within the Commonwealth country at the time of the confirmation of the award (September 2023).
- There should be a connection between the host university of the applicant and the UK institution.
- The supporting information must be supplied by both professors at the university to confirm the eligibility of the applicant.
Document Required For Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
- National ID Copy or Passport Copy that clearly shows the image and all personal information of the person applying. check also Turkiye Burslari Scholarship 2023-2024
- All transcripts of previous education must be completed.
- A statement from the supervisor in your country of origin.
- Statement of support from the university’s supervisor.
- A reference letter from an additional person.
Eligible Countries for the Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-24
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship Selection procedure
The selection process will be based on the selection guidelines
- Educational merits and achievements of the candidates
- The quality of the plan of study
- Potentially affecting the development of the country where the candidate is from
- Requirements for Commonwealth Scholarships 2023-2024:
- These documents are necessary to be submitted successfully:
- A copy of the Passport as well as NID with an entire image and personal information
- Statement of support from the university’s supervisor from the UK.
- A statement from the supervisor in your country of residence
- Educational Transcripts
- Evidence of refugee or citizenship status in a Commonwealth country.
- At least two letters of reference by institutes.
- Statements from the proposed and current supervisor of their home university as well as UK University, respectively on the letterhead of the institution.
- All university undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications documents.
- Register at least 10 publications in research, awards, and prizes.
- Information about your previous work and how it is related to your current program within the UK.
- A statement of the relationship between your job experience and the suggested scholarship.
- Three references include their names and positions. One must be an employer currently employed.
- A development impact statement. Prepare a Development Impact Statement comprising four components. The first section should explain the local, national, or global issues in the development and connect these to the CSC topic.
- The second portion should describe how you plan to use the new skills you acquired after the end of your scholarship. In the third section, you should explain the changes you are expecting to see in terms of growth due to the award.
- If you choose to write the final and fourth part is the one you are required to describe the results of your work as well as some personal details.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship Tenure and placement
- The scholarships are available for 12 months of studying at any UK university or institution of higher learning for whom they have an agreement. CSC has a part of a funding agreement (as mentioned earlier) to a specific program of study.
- The final degree you earn will be granted by the university of your country, not the proposed UK university. The Scholarship cannot be used to support your study at the university in your home country. This scholarship cannot be extended to allow applicants to pursue a degree the same or greater degree than the one for which the decision was made, nor to study towards the level of a Ph.D. at a UK institution. The awards are granted in respect of full-time studies only, and there is no other study that can be pursued simultaneously.
Financial Benefits of the Commonwealth Scholarship
Commonwealth Divide-site Scholarships from 2023 to 24 UK is a 100% Free Scholarship available to students from across the globe. Information on the costs covered is listed below:
- A return ticket for air travel will be given.
- All tuition fees will be fully covered.
- The candidates who are selected will receive a Monthly stipend of PS1,236.
- If the university of the student is located within the London Metropolitan area, the monthly stipend is PS1516.
- An award for study-related travel will be offered.
- Warm allowance for clothing Will be provided (Where applicable).).
- In the instance of widowed, divorced, or single parents The first allowance for children is PS529/month. Additionally, the third and second children’s allowance from PS131 will be awarded.
- Please note that children are required to be less than 16 years old.
Application Deadline for Commonwealth Ph.D. Scholarship Program
The last day when you can apply to the Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarships 2023-2024 will be 2 March 2023 until 16:30 GMT.
How To Apply for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship
Applications are now open for Commonwealth Split-site scholarships for the Academic year have opened.
The last day to submit applications, along with all accompanying documents, is on March 2, 2023, by 16:00 GMT.
The application process must be completed by using an online application system.
Candidates must apply for study at a UK university that has a partial funding arrangement with CSC. Part-funding agreements are at the sole university’s discretion. To find a list of universities that have agreed to the Commonwealth Scholarships check out this page.