IELTS The IELTS, also known as which is the International English Language Testing System was designed to evaluate the proficiency of those who are seeking to pursue studies or work in areas in a place where English is the main language of communication. British Council offers various opportunities for students and those who wish to sit for IELTS examinations to study online for free. Numerous online, free IELTS preparation and practice materials and instructional videos are accessible.
The first step to make sure you’re prepared to take the IELTS is to practice for it, so you are aware of what to expect on test day.
British Council’s IELTS test preparation material will help you get acquainted with the format of the test and increase your confidence in speaking, writing, listening, and reading in English.
Even if you think you’re a competent user of English however, we recommend to prepare well for your test by using our helpful IELTS resources for training.
Online Free IELTS Preparation 2023 Step By Step Guide
IELTS Test Modules
IELTS is an abbreviation for IELTS, which stands for International English Language Testing System It is an internationally acknowledged English proficiency test which tests the proficiency in English of non-native English language users. It is broken down into four sections:
- Reading: This test measures the ability of the candidate to comprehend written English and includes a variety of types of texts as well as questions. It is split into three parts each one with a different type of text and a set of questions.
- Writing The test measures the ability of a candidate writing in English and includes writing tasks like essay writing, letter writing as well as report-writing.
- Listening: This section tests the candidate’s ability to comprehend spoken English with a variety of accents and speech types. It is broken down into four parts each of which has a distinct listening test.
- Speaking: This test evaluates the ability of the applicant to communicate in English and includes a variety of speaking tasks like discussion, conversation and presentations. The test of speaking takes place in person by a certified IELTS examiner.
Each section is scored independently each one, and the final score is a sum of each of the modules. The test results can be used for various applications, such as admission to a college or university and scholarships, immigration as well as professional registration.
Online Free IELTS Preparation Steps
The IELTS test format is explained
Practice IELTS online for free tests
Free IELTS preparation webinars, and an IELTS study kit
IELTS Ready: Premium
IELTS preparatory courses
Expert Facebook session of IELTS
IELTS Computer Preparation
IELTS test for UKVI and for Life Skills tests for practice
IELTS Progress Check
IELTS Progress Check is an online, official practice test. Tests that are completed are scored by certified and trained IELTS markers and you’ll receive feedback on your performance. Feedback Report including an indicative score of the band for each portion of the exam.
English Score Tutors – IELTS preparation tutoring
IELTS Coach – personalized online coaching
Mobile apps for IELTS free
Videos and tips
Study guides and books for IELTS guidebooks
IELTS One Skill Retake
IELTS Trial Tests
IELTS Preparation Free Course Criteria
- This course is available to anyone.
- There aren’t any gender or nationality restriction on nationality or gender.
- Anyone of any age are eligible to take part in this no-cost IELTS course.
- You will need access to the internet for carrying your course.
- Employees, students, immigrants and others can take advantage of the course.
Benefits of the IELTS Preparation Free Course
- The course is free and available online.
- It is a self-paced course and students learn according to their schedule.
- Students will be taught strategies and how to prepare for IELTS Academic test.
- The no-cost IELTS course is beneficial for professional and personal growth.
- IELTS preparation classes and resources assist you in improving your English language skills, such as writing, reading listening, speaking, and reading.
- IELTS preparation classes provide greater comprehension of the exam and the scoring system that will help you get your goal score.
- This course, however, is restricted in its scope to IELTS preparation only. IELTS practice tests aren’t included in this no-cost IELTS course.