Punjab Higher Education Commission PHEC is seeking applications from full-time Ph.D scholars from provincially chartered colleges of Punjab for the award of an International Research Support Fellowship.PHEC International Research Support Fellowship IRSF 2023 is provided here. This International Research Support Fellowship is an opportunity for six months to provide hands-on research experience to enthusiastic students who are currently in the process of completing the full-time Ph.D. program at provincially chartered universities in Punjab.
PHEC offers the opportunity to students from local universities to improve their research quality by collaborating with experts from around the world in their area of study. All applications that are complete are due to Punjab Higher Education Commission Lahore by the 30th of December, 2023 at 5:00 pm, via registered mail. Applications made by hand cannot be accepted.
PHEC announced the award for various programs, including Science and Technology, Social Sciences Humanities, Arts Humanities as well as Management Sciences for 6 months at QS’s top-ranking 200 universities in 2023.
PHEC International Research Support Fellowship IRSF 2023 Apply Online Below
PHEC International Research Support Fellowship IRSF Advertisement
PHEC International Research Support Fund Grant Provision
The PHEC’s contribution to the program will cover travel expenses, the bench fee as well as a stipend for living according to the guidelines in the following sections:
- Travel: Maximum Rs. 130,000 for a return ticket.
- Living Allowance: The Living Allowance for various countries is provided according to:
- Bench Fee: up to Rs. 250,000/- only.
PHEC International Research Support Fund Eligibility Criteria
The person who is eligible for the position must:
- Punjab Domicile
- Alter Limitation: 45 Years
- The candidates who qualify are required to be enrolled in a Ph.D. program at a private or public sector university in Punjab and have completed their coursework
- Ph.D. Students may apply for admission after 1.5 years of study and a maximum of 3.5 years in the Ph.D. program.
- Successfully passed the comprehensive exam (as per the university’s norms)
- Ph.D. research proposal or synopsis that has been approved by the Board of Advanced Studies and Research (BASR) or an equivalent university body that is a statutory institution
- Valid acceptance letter from a foreign university/supervisor among QS top ranking 200 (General)
How To Apply Online for ISRF
Students who are eligible to apply can use this PHEC request form. The complete application must comprise:
- Fill in the application completely.
- Acceptance Letter(s) from the university of the particular Foreign university
- Recommendation letters from the local Ph.D. Supervisor on letterhead of the university
- NOC and Study Leave from department/organization (if employed)
- CV(s) of an overseas supervisor(s) (not greater than two pages per CV)
- BASR approval that shows an approved Ph.D. research topic & outline
- Ph.D. thesis synopsis (complete)
- Photocopy of passport
- Copy of the domicile
- Academic documents, including Ph.D. comprehensive examination result
- Foreign University Acceptance Letter for IRSF by Foreign Supervisor. (This form has to be completed and executed by the Foreign Supervisor.)
03 copies of the application set should be sent to PHEC. Each set should be properly bound (ring/spiral/other). The annexures that are attached to the application sets must be labeled correctly (tagged). Applications that are not in properly binding and annexure in accordance with the above list won’t be accepted.
Terms And Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions for awarding a fellowship. Acceptance of the award constitutes an acknowledgment of these obligations:
- The applicant should have obtained acceptance in the relevant subject of study.
- The candidates selected are required to sign in a bond with PHEC to be able to return and finish the Ph.D. research at the respective universities. CNIC copies and sealings for witnesses are required.
- The chosen candidates must be eligible for the award within six months from the date of the issuance of the award certificate or earlier, or any dates as determined by PHEC or else it will be canceled instantly, with no notice
- It is the Punjab Higher Education Commission would keep track of the progress of the fellows
- Any extra cost over the stated limit is to be paid by the person who is the recipient
- For government employees, an additional requirement for study time and NOC could be required.
- PHEC has the discretion to delay or terminate the award at any time without assigning a reason
For any further information on the program, please call:
Punjab Higher Education Commission
Arfa Software Technology Park, 346-B, Ferozepur Road, Lahore, Ph: 042-99231903