HEC Foreign Scholarship 2023 For LLM And PHD Students Of Balochistan is announced. Lawyers’ communities are an essential component of the justice system. in this regard they were entrusted with a crucial duty to provide legal aid for the people of the community to ensure justice.
To fill in the gaps of senior lawyers killed in the tragic blast in August 2016 the project was launched under the direction of the Prime Minister to improve the overall system of judicial justice in the province.
The idea behind the project is the offering higher education opportunities for Law Students from Balochistan and enroll them in national and international higher education institutions of higher learning by helping the students financially.
The program “Law Graduates Scholarships Program for Balochistan to study abroad” has been approved by the Govt. of Pakistan in September of 2018 and will award 100 scholarships, in batches, over a time period which is 5 years. The last date to submit the application online is December 19, 2023. The applications are open to applicants with a Domicile/Local certificate issued by Balochistan Province for the award of scholarships for law study within the categories listed below:
- Indigenous / Local LLB (5 years)
- Indigenous / Local LLM
- Foreign LLM
- Foreign Ph.D
HEC Foreign Scholarship 2023 For LLM And PHD Students Of Balochistan Given Below
HEC Foreign Scholarship 2023 For LLM And PHD Students Of Balochistan Advertisement
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Law local and foreign scholarships
The applicant must have the Domicile or Local Certificate of Balochistan
- Age of maximum as of the deadline for application:
- LLB (5-year-olds) 25 years
- LLM 30 years
- Ph.D. 35 years old
- In order to be considered for LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. scholarships, the applicants must have completed HSSC or equivalent, LLB, and LLM respectively, at HEC-recognized institutions prior to the date of closing the application.
- For LLB, the candidates must have completed 12 years of education with at least 50% marks in BISE intermediate examination/equivalent.
- To be eligible for LLM or Ph.D., the applicants must be able to complete LLB and LLM respectively, from recognized HEC-certified DAls with a minimum of 50% marks in their Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates must score at least 50 percent scores (Accumulative Test Score) on Aptitude Test.
- Candidates must have obtained the academic qualification required prior to or on the deadline. Students who are awaiting their results aren’t qualified to apply.
- Anyone who is currently receiving any other scholarship isn’t ineligible to apply.
How to apply for HEC Local and Foreign Scholarships
The applicants are required to submit online applications using eportal.hec.gov.pk
- Hard copies of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- Candidates must make a deposit/online transfer, Bank Draft, Pay Order, or ATM transfer. 500or (Non-refundable) as a processing fee for applications in favor of the Director General Finance, HEC. The fee can be paid to Habib Bank Limited A/C No. 1742-79001334-01.
- The original bank record of payment or slip must be safe for the applicant, to be submitted whenever required by HEC.
- Incomplete applications in any way are not considered.
- Candidates who meet the criteria will be shortlisted according to tests and academic credentials scores. The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with merit.
- 15% scholarships will be granted to children of the families of the victims (martyred/severely injured) during the explosion of 8 August 2016 in Quetta in Quetta, if they meet the requirements.
- In the event that there is no availability of students of families that have suffered the scholarships will be given according to merit to other qualified applicants.
- Candidates must be able to meet HEC or university requirements in order to be admitted into LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. programs.
- The scholarship will only be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission in HEC-recognized public sector universities/institutions or W-Category private universities.
- Foreign scholarship applicants must be able to provide admission letters for one of the best 500 institutions (in QS Ranking) after the selection.
- A merit list of scholarships will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicants and in case of any misrepresentation/error/omission, the scholarship shall be canceled at any stage.
- If applicants are currently employed or in the workforce, they should be in the field of law (Practicing advocates as well as judicial officers and law faculty members, and prosecutor members from the prosecution department). In the process, the Scholarship Management Committee would review the companies of employed applicants. The committee’s decision to review the currently employed applicants is definitive and not subject to challenge.
- Employees who are serving are required to present a NOC and take advantage of leave for study from their respective employers.
- Only those applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria as well as other criteria will be assessed to be shortlisted for further consideration.
- HEC reserve the right to delay or end the Scholarship procedure at any time without assigning a reason.
- The deadline for submitting online applications is 19th December 2023
Payments will be made as per actual or up to the maximum limit, whichever is lower.
The tuition fees will be paid directly to the universities where the students will be enrolled.
|SN||Items||Tuition fee||Maintenance Allowance||Book Allowance||Traveling Allowance||Hostel Charges|
|1||Indigenous Scholarships: Maximum Limit Rs.|
|i||Indigenous LLB (5 years)||Rs.1,80,000 p.a||Rs.10,000 p.m||Rs.10,000 p.a||Rs.30,000 p.a||Rs.6,500 pm|
|ii||Indigenous LLM||Rs.1,80,000 p.a||Rs.18,000 p.m||Rs.10,000 p.a||Rs.30,000 p.a||Rs.6,500 pm|
|2||Foreign Scholarships: Maximum Limit US$|
|i||Foreign LLM Scholarships||$ 15000 p.a||$1200 p.m||$100 Once||Rs.100,000 Departure & Return each||_|
|ii||Foreign Ph.D. in Law||$ 15000 p.a||$1250 p.m||$300 Once||Rs.100,000 Departure & Return each||_|
Dilawer Abbas Khan Sumbal
Programme Development Officer
Law Scholarship Programme for Balochistan.
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan,