Higher Education Commission HEC Foreign Scholarship For LLM And PHD 2023 is announced and Students of Balochistan who are pursuing LLB or LLM degrees at local universities are eligible for scholarships. Foreign Scholarships are offered to students pursuing LLB as well as Ph.D. degrees. The scholarships are available under the “Law Graduates Scholarship Programme for the Students of Balochistan for Study Abroad – HEC”.
The deadline for submitting the online application is January 3rd, 2023. The deadline for applications is January 3, 2023. applicants who have a Domicile/Local Certificate from Balochistan Province for the award of scholarships for law study for the following areas:
- Indigenous / Local LLB (5 years)
- Indigenous / Local LLM
- Foreign LLM
- Foreign Ph.D
HEC Foreign Scholarship For LLM And PHD 2023 For Balochistan Students
HEC Foreign Scholarship For LLM And PHD 2023 Advertisement
Eligibility criteria For HEC Law local and foreign scholarships
- Applicant must be able to show a Domicile/Local Certificate of Balochistan
- Age limit as of the deadline for application:
- LLB (5-year-olds) 25 years
- LLM 30 years
- Ph.D. 35 years old
- In order to be considered for LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. scholarships, the applicants must have completed the HSSC/equivalent, LLB, and LLM respectively, at HEC-recognized institutions prior to the date of closing the application.
- For LLB, the candidates must have completed 12 years of education with at least 50% marks in BISE intermediate examination/equivalent.
- To be eligible for LLM as well as Ph.D., the applicants must have successfully completed LLB as well as LLM and LLM from recognized HEC DAls with at the minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree.
- The applicants must obtain an average of 50 scores (Accumulative Test Score) in Aptitude Test.
- The applicant must have earned the required academic qualifications prior to or on the deadline. Students who are waiting for their results are not qualified to apply.
- Any applicant already receiving another scholarship is not ineligible to apply.
What is the procedure to submit an application to HEC Local as well as Foreign scholarships for law Students from Balochistan?
- Candidates are required to submit online applications at eportal.hec.gov.pk
- Applications that are submitted in hard copy or Autres documents will not be required at this point.
- The applicants must deposit/online transfer/Pay order/ATM transfer the number of Rs. 500 or (Non-refundable) as a fee for processing the application in favor of the Director General Finance, HEC. The fee is payable to Habib Bank Limited A/C No. 1742-79001334-01.
- The original bank record of payment or slip must be safe for the applicant and submitted when requested by HEC.
- Complete applications in all respects are not considered.
Payments will be made as per actual or up to the maximum limit, whichever is lower.
The tuition fees will be paid directly to the universities where the students will be enrolled.
|SN||Items||Tuition fee||Maintenance Allowance||Book Allowance||Traveling Allowance||Hostel Charges|
|1||Indigenous Scholarships: Maximum Limit Rs.|
|i||Indigenous LLB (5Years)||Rs.1,80,000 p.a||Rs.10,000 p.m||Rs.10,000 p.a||Rs.30,000 p.a||Rs.6,500 pm|
|ii||Indigenous LLM||Rs.1,80,000 p.a||Rs.18,000 p.m||Rs.10,000 p.a||Rs.30,000 p.a||Rs.6,500 pm|
|2||Foreign Scholarships: Maximum Limit US$|
|i||Foreign LLM Scholarships||$ 15000 p.a||$1200 p.m||$100 Once||Rs.100,000 Departure & Return each||_|
|ii||Foreign Ph.D. in Law||$ 15000 p.a||$1250 p.m||$300 Once||Rs.100,000 Departure & Return each||_|
- Candidates who meet the criteria will be shortlisted according to the scores of their tests and academic credentials. The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with merit.
- 15% of the scholarships will be given to the children of the victim’s family members (martyred/severely injured) during the explosion of the 8th of August, 2016 in Quetta If they meet the requirements.
- In the event of the inability of students from families affected by the tragedy, the scholarships will be given in accordance with merit to other eligible students.
- The applicants must be able to meet HEC or university requirements in order to be admitted into LLB, LLM, and Ph.D. programs.
- The scholarship will only be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission in HEC-recognized public sector universities/institutions or W-Category private universities.
- Foreign applicants for scholarships must submit admission letters to some of the most prestigious universities (in QS Ranking) after the selection.
- A merit list of scholarships will be prepared on the basis of online information/data provided by the applicants and in case of any misrepresentation/error/omission, the scholarship shall be canceled at any stage.
- If the applicants are employed or serving, they must be in the field of law (Practicing advocates as well as judicial officers and law faculty members and prosecutors from the prosecution department). In the process, the Scholarship Management Committee would review the companies of employed applicants. The committee’s decision to review the currently employed applicants is definitive and will not be challenged.
- Employees who are serving are required to submit a NOC and take advantage of study leave through their respective companies.
- Only applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria as well as other criteria will be assessed to be shortlisted for further consideration.
- HEC reserve the right to delay or end the Scholarship procedure at any time without assigning a reason.
- Last day to submit online application Deadline for online application: January 03, 2023.
Dilawer Abbas Khan Sumbal
Programme Development Officer
Law Scholarship Programme for Balochistan.
Higher Education Commission, Pakistan,