To enhance the educational exchange in the region between China and Pakistan In order to strengthen cooperation between China and Pakistan, in order to strengthen cooperation between China and Pakistan, the Chinese Scholarship Council, Government of China offers Pakistani scholars and scholars the opportunity to learn and do research at Chinese universities. For the Government of Pakistan, the Higher Education Commission (HEC) is nominating an agency to award these scholarships for this academic session 2022-23.
China Scholarship Council (CSC) which is appointed by the Ministry of Education, People’s Republic of China is responsible for the admissions and administration of the Chinese Government Scholarship Program. The applicants who are eligible are eligible to apply for scholarships for master, doctoral, and Ph.D. programs within the field of study they are interested in.
The designated Chinese Universities provide a vast array of academic courses in Sciences, Engineering, Agriculture, Economics, Medicine and Management, Legal Studies Literature, Education, History and Philosophical Studies, and the Fine Arts, etc. Scholarships are available to students at all levels.
HEC Chinese Government Scholarship CSC 2022-23 Apply Online Below
HEC Chinese Government Scholarship CSC 2022-23 Advertisement
The last Date to apply online via HEC’s portal HEC portal is 15 December 2022.
The tuition funds will be fully utilized by the university hosting it. They could be used to pay for education expenses, administrative expenses, health insurance, and expenditures to help with student activities.
Accommodation or dormitories at no cost to students. subvention to each winner.
As per China Govt. Scholarship Program.
Students in the undergraduate program:
CNY 2,500 per month (Min)
CNY 3,000 per month (Min)
Students at Ph.D:
CNY 3,500 per month (Min)
The cost of travel would be paid by the recipients of the scholarship. HEC does not have any financial obligation.
HEC Chinese Government Scholarship CSC Duration
Chinese Government Scholarships cover both major studies and Chinese language (preparatory) studies. The table below shows the length of each program.
|Supporting Categories||Major Study (including preparatory years)
(preparatory study year)
- The applicant must be a Pakistani or AJ&K national. Holders of dual nationality are not allowed to apply.
- The applicant should be in excellent health.
- Candidates with insufficient degrees as of the day of application closing cannot be considered for the application.
- Applicants for undergraduate/bachelor’s programs must have intermediate/A-level/FA-FSC (12 years) of education and be under the age of 25 at the time of application.
- The applicants for the Master’s degree require a Bachelor’s degree (16 years old) and be under 35 years old in the year of applying.
- Candidates for the Ph.D./Doctoral program require a Master’s degree MS or MPhil (17/18-year-olds) and be under the age of 40 when they apply.
- You must meet the requirements for application in accordance with the requirements on the China Scholarship Council website & portal.
- Meet the requirements for admission to the university of your choice regarding academic capability as well as the ability of a language and other criteria.
- Candidates are not currently receiving any other award at the moment.
Potential applicants aren’t obliged to provide any documents (hard versions) in order to HEC at this time of the application. Only candidates who are shortlisted are required to submit the following document either in English as well as Chinese. If you are applying for a different language, documents must be accompanied by a certified translation to English as well as Chinese. To avoid any issues further down the line, prospective applicants should prepare the application form according to the following details:
- A copy of the completed application form of HEC together with the original fee deposit slip or receipt from the bank with an individual spiral bound. Other documents are not required to be attached to the HEC application form, besides the deposit slip.
- A copy of the completed application form from the CSC portal for application and the following documents;
- Affidavits of each education document, one photocopy of the CNIC/B-form, a Domicile IBCC Equivalency certificate (if relevant), and HEC equivalency if appropriate.
- The study proposal or study program (200 words for undergraduates 800 words for Master’s, and 1500 words or more for Ph.D.) along with documents of research publications or accomplishments (Ph.D. only) Language proficiency certificate or score from IELTS/TOEFL/HSK (where relevant) and a copy of a current passport valid until March 1, 2023 (first two pages).
- The photocopy copy of the physical Examination Record (attached) for foreign applicants should be filled out in English. (The original copy of the document should keep by the applicant.) The physical examinations should cover everything listed on the Physical Examination Record including basic tests for foreigners, as per China Government. policy.
- Forms with insufficient documentation or that do not have an official signature from the physician who is attending and an official hospital stamp or photo that is sealed by the applicant is invalid. Select the most appropriate moment to have a physical exam since the results are valid for only six months.
- A Non-criminal Record (Police Clearance Certificate) not older than six months prior to the deadline for application.
- Only Ph.D. & Master’s candidates may submit two original recommendation/reference letters written by professors or associate professors of the previous institutions. If applicants have already got provisional acceptance from professors at Chinese Universities, please provide the respective Professor/Potential Supervisor recommendation/reference letter as one of the two recommendation/reference letters (attached here).
- Contact the university of your choice to obtain a pre-admission note (optional) in order to submit your application for a Master’s and PhD prior to submitting an online application, if it is available. HEC/CSC is not able to guarantee the admission of the school you are interested in even if a pre-admission letter has not been obtained by the candidate. Students applying for Master’s and Ph.D. who have admissions documents are given priority when applying for scholarships from the Chinese Govt. Scholarships.
- If an employee is employed In the event of employment, no Objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer is required.
List of Other Supporting Documents: Not Mandatory But Plus Point:
- Following the online submission of the application, HEC will ask through an email only those who have been shortlisted to provide two sets of the attested documents attached to a spiral binding together with the HEC Online application forms below:
- Copies of the applicant’s and father’s or guardians’ CNIC.
- Copy of the applicant’s Domicile.
- A copy of the HEC online submission form.
- All transcripts and degrees of education from matriculation until the last degree that has been certified with HEC & IBCC.
- Chinese Online Application Form
- Pre-admission letters of Chinese State-owned Scholarship Universities (Not obligatory)
- Language qualification certificate. e.g., HSK certificates, IELTS, or TOFEL report (Not obligatory)
- A photocopy of the passport’s information page.
- Two letters of recommendation are in the original. (for Masters and Ph.D. only)
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Two duplicates of the applicant’s declaration of the purpose.
- Health and fitness certificates developed by the Chinese quarantine authority are available to be downloaded from this page. The physical examinations must include everything listed on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The incomplete records or those that lack an official signature from the physician who is attending or a medical stamp official of the institution or a photo that is sealed by the applicant are not valid. Choose the right moment to conduct a physical examination since the results are valid for just 6 months.
- Police Department. Non-criminal records.
- In the event of employment for employment, an employment no-objection Certificate (NOC) from the employer of the applicant is required from candidates who have been shortlisted.
- Certified English Translations of documents (i.e. certificates and testimonials, as well as transcripts) are required for documents that aren’t in English.
- Hard copies of the applications will not be required for this time. Applications that are not completed or handwritten will not be accepted in any way.
Be sure that your email or phone number as well as your postal address is correctly entered within the application system because they are crucial to getting you through the process of applying. Failure to reply to HEC or CSC promptly could cause an automatic rejection.
- Send a clear authentic and valid scans of every document needed for both portals. The applicants are responsible for the damages of inconspicuous or unidentified materials uploaded.
- In-person completed, saved, or incomplete applications in the online portal will not be considered. All applicants need to submit their applications online via the HEC portal and CSC portal.
- HEC can conduct written tests or interviews, and/or assess candidates according to academic merit.
- If you provide falsified information at any point, HEC reserves the right to suspend and exile students from future scholarships, and penalize students, as determined by HEC.
Apply online only before the deadline of Monday, January 3, 2022. Do not mail hard copies of the application forms or other documents for submission to HEC at this time of the application process.
Complete, saved applications on the portal and manually submitted applications are not considered.
Application Procedure for HEC CSC Scholarships 2023
- The application of any form that is not completed or manual through the portal will be accepted. All applicants need to submit their applications online through HEC’s portal. HEC portal and to Chinese Universities.
- HEC will choose applicants based on merit and the number of slots available for Pakistani students.
- If you submit incorrect information, at any point, HEC reserves the right to end the scholarship and expel students from future scholarships and impose a penalty according to the decision of HEC.
- Make sure to apply online prior to when the application deadline is December 15, 2022., DO NOT submit hard copies of the application forms or any other documentation for submission to HEC at this point in the application process.
- This is the sole obligation of the student(s) who are applying for an academic degree (viz. Medical, Engineering, Agriculture, etc.) to be first confirmed as having accreditation by the relevant Councils i.e. Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC), Agriculture Council, & Nursing Council and so on.
- To apply at the Chinese web portal please click the link http://www.csc.edu.cn/ or www.campuschina.org
- For complete information on the Chinese Government. Scholarship and application procedure please follow the link http://pk.chineseembassy.org/eng/zbgx/cultureservice/t1633589.htm and fill out the Chinese online application carefully.
- Submit fees of Rs.300/-in the name of HEC via HBL online service. A separate bank account number. 1727900133401 at HBL The H-9 Branch of HBL Islamabad is maintained to facilitate the online transfer of fees towards HEC via any HBL branch in the country.
- Hard copies of the application do not need to be submitted at the moment. Handwritten or incomplete applications will not be accepted in any way.