Pakistan Engineering Council is holding the 20th Engineering Practice Examinations EPE for its Registered engineers to get the title of Professional Engineer. As per the PEC act, Professional Engineers have privilege over registered engineers in terms of technical sanction authority, design/process certification, and preferences for higher-level leading towards international practice. This means, by getting the title of Professional Engineer, one has better chances of employment, better job placements, and better salary packages.
For assessment of engineering competence, knowledge, and skills of an applicant engineer, the Committee shall hold an examination which may be arranged and conducted through local or foreign services hired or availed for the purpose. The EPE is optional for a registered engineer but is an essential part of the assessment for the title of a professional engineer. We provide here complete details regarding the PEC EPE exam 2023.
PEC EPE Exams For Professional Engineer 2023 Details Below
INTRODUCTION TO EPE
For assessment of engineering competence, knowledge, and skills of an applicant engineer, the Committee shall hold an examination which may be arranged and conducted through local or foreign services hired or availed for the purpose. The EPE is optional for a registered engineer but is an essential part of the assessment for the title of a professional engineer.
When a registered engineer has attained a minimum of five years of practical experience in the relevant field of engineering from a recognized engineering organization or institution or service and has earned requisite credit points, he shall become eligible to apply for EPE.
PEC EPE Exams For Professional Engineer 2023 Advertisement
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR EPE
- 5 years of professional experience since registration with PEC till the closing date of announcement
- 17 CPD points since 10th July 2010
Application Forms for PEC EPE Exams Professional Engineer 2023
For New Candidates
For Not Qualified Candidates
Filling/ Submission of both Applications in Hard Form and Google form is mandatory for all New and Not Qualified Candidates.
The engineering Practice Exam (EPE) Fee is Rs 2,500 + bank charges
Guidelines for Candidates Appearing in EPE
The following instructions/guidelines are mandatory for each candidate appearing in Engineering Practice Examination (EPE).
- No candidate is allowed to sit in the exam without the roll no slip, original CNIC, and original PEC registration card.
- The exam shall start at 1000 hours and the candidate should report to the center at least one hour before the start of the exam.
- No candidate shall be allowed to the examination hall once the exam is started.
- Programmable calculators, laptops, mobile phones, iPods, and any storage device/ electronic gadget are not allowed in the examination hall. Only a simple calculator is allowed.
- The exam shall comprise two parts, and be held on the same day viz Part-I (02-hours) and Part-II (03 hours) with 90 minutes break.
- Qualifying marks for each Part shall be sixty percent. The candidate shall have to pass each part independently. If any candidate does not qualify in any Part, he shall be eligible to appear in the same part in the next three consecutive examinations. In case of not qualifying or not appearing in the next three consecutive examinations, the candidate shall be declared as not qualified and may appear in both parts.
- The exam shall be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- The Part II of the exam shall be open book; only books, bound copies shall be allowed. No loose paper/notes /handouts shall be permissible.
- The final result shall be communicated through the PEC website followed by post mail.
- No candidate shall indulge to influence the examination process as well as the examination staff, and responsible(s) shall be disqualified.
- No candidate is allowed to indulge in any Law and Order situation to affect the exam process.
CURRICULA OF EPE
- EPE Syllabus of Electrical and Allied Disciplines
- Sample MCQs of Avionics Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Biomedical Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Computer Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Electric Power
- Sample MCQs of Electronic Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Engineering Sciences
- Sample MCQs of Industrial Electronics
- Sample MCQs of Mechatronics Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Telecommunication Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Biochemcial Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Corrosion Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Energy Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Environment and Process Safety Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Operation and Production Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Polymer Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Process Synthesis, Design and Optimization
- Sample MCQs of Separation Process Engineering
- Sample MCQs of Thermal Hydraulics
- Sample MCQs of Utilities and Services Engineering
REGIONAL OFFICE, Islamabad
Pakistan Engineering Council, Attaturk Avenue (East) G-5/2, P.O. Box: 1296, Islamabad
UAN: (+92-51) 111-111-732
PABX: (+92-51) 9219500, 9206974
REGIONAL OFFICE, KARACHI
ST-14/A, Block-2, Kehkashan-V, Clifton, Karachi.
Phone: (+92-21) 99250216
REGIONAL OFFICE, PESHAWAR
Plot No 18-B/1, (Office Enclaves), Phase V, Hayatabad, Peshawar.
Phone: (+92-91) 9217880
REGIONAL OFFICE, LAHORE
37 – Shershah Block, New Garden Town Lahore opposite to Passport office.
Phone: (+92-42) 99232021
REGIONAL OFFICE, QUETTA
Main Samungli Road (southern side), Quetta.
Phone: (+92-81) 2871673