The Higher Education Commission (HEC) announces the schedule of registration for the Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT). HAT is administered by the Education Testing Council (ETC) to award all HEC scholarships as well as for admission to MS/MPhil programs by an easy, uniform and transparent selection procedure. Also get details of HEC USAT Test Registration and SEE-LAW HEC Exam 2023 Registration.
The last day to register to take part in HAT will be May 10 2023. The test will take place on May 28, 2023, a date that is not yet confirmed. Any change in test date will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk Applicants who have already applied for MS/MPhil admission or HEC scholarships and who intend to apply for HEC-sponsored scholarships or for admission to MS/MPhil programs in any HEC recognized university may apply for registration.
HEC HAT Test Registration 2023 Apply Online Last Date
HEC HAT Test Registration Advertisement
Who Can Apply for Higher Education Aptitude Test (HAT)?
Tests are being arranged for applicants:
- Anyone who has already submitted an online application for any MS/MPhil or Ph.D. application OR HEC scholarships via E-portal to be considered for the next selection.
- Are you planning to apply for the scholarships that will be advertised in the near future, such as the ones sponsored by HEC Pakistani universities.
- Are you interested in securing admission into MS or MPhil and Ph.D. programs at the private and public universities of Pakistan?
Which HAT Versions to Apply for Based on Academic Streams?
The test will be held in the five categories listed below which are based on a 16-year equivalent schooling. Students must register according to the following categories:
How to apply for HEC Aptitude Test (HAT)
- For registration, please visit the following link: http://etc.hec.gov.pk.
- In case of any query during the online registration, please visit onlinehelp.hec.gov.pk or visit HEC regional offices for guidance.
- The application submission process consists of two steps, namely. complete your profile through”My Profile” section and “My Profile” section and application submission by using”My Profile” section and the “Higher Education Aptitude Test” buttons on the menu panel located on the left-hand sidebar the portal online.
- Only applications submitted will be taken into consideration for the test. applications submitted in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode won’t be considered.
- The fee for the test of HAT will be PKR 2000or less for each candidate. Candidates are required to deposit the fee amount into Habib Bank Limited Account No. 1742 7900 1334 01. Title of Account: Higher Education Commission
- Download bank Fee Challan while registering for the test at http://etc.hec.gov.pk. (Fee Challans are only available via the ETC online registration portal).
- All applicants must submit the Fee Challan that has been signed at an HBL branch when filling out the application form available on ETC’s ETC Online Registration Portal to complete the application.
- Note: It is mandatory to bring the original deposit slip on day of the test along with your original Passport/CN IC, or else the applicant is not allowed to take the test.
- The fee for the test is not refundable and is not transferable.
HAT Date of Examination
- The test will be conducted at the end of Sunday 28 May 2023 It is a possibility to change the date. Any change in the test date will be communicated through www.hec.gov.pk and http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Applicants who register through HEC online registration process will be able to download their Roll Number Slip from http://etc.hec.gov.pk and registered Email address a week before the test date.
- Also, SMS or email messages will be sent out to applicants who have registered to inform them of the test date the time, date, and location. When making online applications, applicants must supply an email address and mobile number that is valid for which they want to receive their Roll Number Slips.
- Printing the Roll Number Slip and Original CNIC is required for entry into at the Test Centre on the Test Day.
Deadline for Online Registration
The deadline to register for HEC Hat Test For HEC Scholarships and Admissions 2023 online registration closes on May 10, 2023.
Guideline on How to Apply for HEC Hat Test
- If you have any questions regarding the online registration process you can contact us online at help.hec.gov.pk or go to HEC regional offices for assistance.
- Application Submission consists of two phases: Profile complete through”My Profile” section and “My Profile” section and submission of applications by using”Higher Education Assessment Test. “Higher Education Aptitude Test” buttons in the menu panel located on the left-hand sidebar the portal online.
- Only applications submitted to the HAT Test will be taken into consideration for (the HAT) Test. Applications submitted that are saved or incomplete will not be considered.
- The fee for the higher Aptitude Test (HAT) is the amount of PKR 2000 /- per applicant. Candidates are required to deposit the fee amount into Habib Bank Limited Account no. 1742 79001334 01. Title of Account: Higher Education Commission.
- Download the bank Fee Challan while registering for the test at http://etc.hec.gov.pk. (Fee Challans are only available via the ETC Online Registration Portal).
- Candidates must submit the Fee challan that has been certified at HBL branch. HBL branch, before filling in the application form on ETC’s ETC on-line registration site to complete the application.
- The fee for the test is not refundable and cannot be transferred.
NOTE: Taking a mobile or any other recording, calculating or imaging electronic device within the test center and uploading or sharing images from the book is strictly forbidden and a crime that can be punished according to the ETC regulations.