This is a guide to the List of Medical Colleges In Islamabad with fee structure and admission details. The system of education in Pakistan is always a subject of controversy due to the low quality of education. There are many educational institutes that provide high-quality education.
Of all the areas of study that medical education is one of the most sought-after fields. the most significant by the students. The reason is that acceptance of this field gives a person an exciting confident, respectful, and secure future.
In terms of medical training throughout Pakistan, Islamabad does not do well in the field of excellence. Islamabad has one of the top medical schools in the nation.
Medical colleges located in Islamabad play a crucial part in preparing the top doctors in the nation. Many students who wish to pursue medical studies in the near future do not have enough information and knowledge about the top medical schools.
Students need not be worried as we’re going provide a wealth of information on the best medical schools located in Islamabad. Here are the specifics of the top medical schools located in Islamabad that provide top-quality education.
List of Medical Colleges In Islamabad Complete Guidelines
Medical Colleges In Islamabad
Alphabetically All Medical colleges are private with the exception of FMDC.
- Federal Medical And Dental College (Public Sector)
- Al-Nafees Medical College
- HBS Medical And Dental College
- Islamabad Medical And Dental College
- Shifa College Of Medicine
- Foundation University, Medical College
- Fazaia Medical College
- Rawal Institute of Health Sciences
- Yusra Medical College
Dental Colleges In Islamabad
- HBS Dental College
- Islamic International Dental College
- Dental Section, Islamabad Medical And Dental College
Federal Medical and Dental College
The Federal Medical and Dental College (FMDC) is the first medical school that is the public sector that is located in Islamabad. FMDC Islamabad is a Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical University-affiliated college comprised of 100 seats.
All seats are reserved for students who are part of all provinces in accordance with the approved quota by the government. In the beginning, in 2011 FMDC was recognized as having the qualification of MBBS with only fifty seats. Then, the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) expanded the seats to 100 seats once FMDC adhered to the regulations and rules that are imposed by the PMC.
FMDC is also associated with The Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) as well as The Federal General Hospital. These hospitals are an excellent method of providing educational opportunities for students. The primary goal that FMDC serves FMDC is to create an impressive number of doctors who are under the supervision of highly skilled and licensed instructors.
FMDC will also work to train doctors to help doctors reach their full potential in order to meet the needs of patients. The FMDC provides a higher level of education through research, teaching, and community service in order to create the most professionals to meet the needs of the future of healthcare.
Criteria for eligibility
- Candidates must have passed the intermediate test in the medical field i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at an accredited institute.
- The candidates must have obtained an average of 60 percent marks in intermediate exams.
- The students taking A-levels must have passed their tests in the Cambridge Board UK and must be able to score 60% marks.
Fee Structure of Federal Medical & Dental College (FMDC)
- First Year Fee
- Rs. 1,15000 (including hostel dues)
- Second/Third/Fourth and Fifth Year Fee
- Rs. 67000 (including hostel dues)
Shifa College Of Medicine
Shifa College of Medicine is an acknowledged medical school located in the capital city of. Shifa College of Medicine is a Shifa Tameer-e-Milat University-affiliated college that aims at enhancing the lifelong competencies of its students.
The college is based on the guidelines that were adopted by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Canada. The most appealing aspect of this college is that the curriculum is centered around the student and is focused more on the actual practice for its learners in clinical settings starting from day one.
This college provides academic services in the behavioral sciences, health sciences clinical psychology, and health professional education. Shifa College of Medicine is an example of excellence and is staffed by well-educated faculty that provide students with the highest quality research and academic environment.
The merit-based selection of students is what makes Shifa College of Medicine an option for many.
Admission & Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must have completed his pre-medical intermediate exam with at least 60 percent marks.
- Scores that exceed 60% will be deemed highly competitive.
- Students who have passed the A levels of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and have received an Equivalence certificate from the IBCC that has at 60 percent or more F.Sc medical qualification (minimum 3.0 GPA)
Fee Structure of Shifa College of Medicine
Foundation University Medical College
The Foundation University Medical College (FUI) is a private medical institution that is comprised of two institutes. It was established in 2002. FUI is a part of the sponsorship from the Fauji Foundation. Foundation University Medical College aims to offer top-quality education to medical students so that they can become proficient in the field of medical sciences.
FUI helps students develop and enhance their character and encourages a sense and integrity, as well as care and dedication to the graduates. Additionally, the institute gives students leadership skills and helps them improve their communication abilities. In addition, FUI prepares its budding medical force to keep education for themselves to pursue an aspiring career in medicine in the near future. There are 150 seats that are available to students pursuing MBBS are 150.
Admission & Eligibility Criteria
- Students who wish to take the MDCAT exam must have completed pre-medical courses in their final studies.
- Candidates who want to be considered for MDCAT must have an average of 60 percent points in intermediate.
- A-level students must have scored 60 percent scores in Biology Physics, Chemistry and Chemistry.
- Students who hold dual nationality must take SAT II exams before the MCAT test.
Fee Structure of Foundation University Medical College
For day scholars- Rs. 9,31,300
The hostel charges Rs. 1,50,00
Fazaia Medical College
Fazaia Medical College (FMC) is an affiliated institution belonging to Air University Islamabad and was founded in March 2015. FMC is a private medical center and is located within the premises of Air University in the very stunning Margalla foothills.
To provide a comfortable learning environment, FMC was built of the concept of an atrium in architecture. The medical college serves as a center for highly educated and qualified faculty members. In addition, FMC is equipped with labs, a library that is digital with well-designed lecture halls, as well as departmental museums.
The school aims to meet medical needs by offering top-quality education to students. Since it is the official institute of the Pakistan Air Force, the college has an excellent standard of education to ensure that it meets international standards for medical education.
With a keen interest in the students of its college, Federal Medical College always strived to fulfill the social needs of Pakistan by improving its education quality. The school pays particular attention to the development of its students ‘ mental, social, and social development.
In addition, the secure and serene campus attracts numerous students to become a part of the college.
Admission & Eligibility Criteria
- Every citizen of Pakistan is eligible to apply to Fazaia Medical College.
- Students who have completed their Intermediate exams in Pre-Medical subjects can apply.
- Students who have earned at least 70 percent in their intermediate level can apply.
- Students must have at least 60% marks on the NUMS MDCAT.
- Students from abroad or with dual nationality have to pass English proficiency tests for languages like IELTS or TOEFL with at least a score of 5.5.
- A-level students who score 70% marks on their final examinations are eligible to apply.
Islamabad Medical & Dental College
Islamabad Medical & Dental College is a private medical institution located in the picturesque setting of the Margalla foothills. IMDC is part of the Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto Medical College (SZABMU) which was accredited as a school of MBBS by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council in the year 2010.
IMDC is unique in that it is listed in the World Health Organization (WHO) Directory of Medical Institutions. The school offers the opportunity to study and train to students pursuing BDS, MBBS, and Postgraduate programs in six fields of dentistry, DPT, BS-MLT, and Post BSN-RN. Islamabad Medical & Dental College has spacious lecture halls, modern laboratories as well as auditoriums.
The College of Physicians and Surgeons has recognized its Department of Physiology for the Part II of the FCPS.
In addition, the Faculty members at the university are skilled and educated. The majority of faculty members have degrees in specialization from institutions in foreign countries.
The faculty members of IMDC are well-educated and have extensive research experiences which allow them to deliver top-quality education. IMDC assists in improving student morale and allows them to be the most reputable healthcare service providers in the nation.
The greatest thing about this college is that it owns a teaching hospital, named Dr. Akbar Niazi Teaching Hospital that includes all necessary clinical departments. The hospitals’ clinical departments are well-equipped to provide the highest quality medical treatment. The main purpose of the college is to provide the most skilled and experienced medical staff.
The hospital that is the teaching one within IMDC is also a gas-powered dental hospital with all the high-tech equipment needed to help students to improve their understanding of dental. It is a prestigious institution. Islamabad Medical & Dental College does not rest on its laurels in its quest to be as one of the top and most technological medical schools across the nation.
- Students who have completed an F.Sc by completing medical courses (Biology, Physics, and Chemistry) are eligible to apply.
- Students who have scored an average of 60% marks on their annual exam of pre-medical are eligible to submit an application for MBBS.
- Candidates who scored 60% marks on their MCAT examination can be considered for admission into IMDC.
Fee Structure of Islamabad Medical & Dental College
For day scholars- Rs. 910,000/-
Total cost comprising 5% tax- the amount is Rs. 955,500/-
Hostel dues including 5% tax- Rs. 231,000/